Recent Posts

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Things That Aren't A Statue, Part I














(Museu Nacional de Soares dos Reis - Rua D. Manuel II, Porto)

More shots from the museum, this time, the paintings. I know nothing, but I think my favorites were the third one, just that detail of the woman's arms and her sleeves, the miniature portraits (the sign said gouache on ivory? I swear they looked just like photos), and the very very last painting, with the artist working on his own portrait. It's like self-portrait within a self-portrait... we might need to go deeper.

Hover over the photos for more info, etc etc etc, and forgive the telegraphic posts, but I have a million books to read because I've decided I'm into philosophy now. You will of course excuse me. Gotta go figure out the world, one Bataille at a time.

xx

PS - That... may or may not have been a pun.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment