Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Creative Inertia




I find it funny how, in my life, creativity always comes as an answer to a question. A gangly eleven year-old, I started writing fiction for a school assignment. That was the question. What can you do in more than four pages that is good enough to get you the grade you want, but also good enough to make you proud? I started designing clothes when I was thirteen, as an answer to the question how can you dress your characters in a way that's half Final Fantasy half real world? I don't really know about the question that made me take up photography, but I'm sure it must have been there somewhere.

And then a while ago, I decided I would make butterfly lockets. Why? Because I saw a grasshopper wing locket I loved, found it too expensive, and refused to be beaten.

So this is my first batch of what I hope will be a long, long range of insect lockets. Just butterflies at the moment, because grasshoppers are harder to work with and I don't want to try them until I'm comfortable with what I'm doing.

Consider these for sale as of now (except the light green one with the small butterfly, that one's being held), and if you're interested, feel free to email me at architects.decay@gmail.com

Now off to go take pictures of trees. I'm late.
xx



0 comentários:

Post a Comment